IF YOUR GOD IS SO LOVING NOBODY GETS HURT, NO MATTER WHAT THEY'VE DONE.....................SHE'S NOT HERE.


ROOLZ O' DA BLOG--Ya break 'em, ya git shot.
1. No cowards. State your first and last name. "Anonymous" aint your name.
2. No wimps.
3. No cussin'.
4. State no argument without reference to a biblical passage or passages and show a strong logical connection between your statement and the passages you cite.
5. Insults, sarcasm, name-calling, irony, derision, and humor at the expense of others aren't allowed unless they are biblical or logical, in which case they are WILDLY ENCOURAGED.
6. No aphronism.
7. Fear God, not man.

Monday, September 22, 2008

BOYDMILLER, A RELIGION STUDENT, AND PATRICIA BURNS--Three examples of the new paganism in the church.

I have decided to do a new series on what I have previously called "a soft paganism" in the church.

In the seventies and later, churchees (churchees is my term for the Modern Evangelicals, most of whom don't know God, but go to church and believe that they do know God) began several pagan practices. They slipped in unnoticed and I myself practiced most of them.

The one I have in mind here is the replacement of the Scripture with feelings in the inner state. What I mean is that when something is mentioned of Scripture, folks who SAY they believe in Scripture as the absolute Word of God will actually contradict it and cite the inner workings of their heart, mind, soul, or spirit.

Good examples of this are found in the last two comment threads on this site. In the last one a fellow calling himself "Boydmiller" has refused to support missionaries and pastors, encouraging others to do the same sin. (He has changed his position numerous times, so be sure to read all in context and go here to see the beginning of our interactions, so you can follow his changes--or just take my word for it if you wish since his position changes are mute to the point here. When faced with the objective teaching of Scripture to care for each other, his final defense was that "the Holy Spirit" had not led him to support ministers.

Now, I don't know just what he means by the leading of the Holy Spirit, but it usually refers to what is felt in an inner state mentally or emotionally. So in final analysis, he has supplanted the authority of Scripture with his "Holy Spirit".

In the comment thread on my last posting on the Eight Characteristics of Hell, I met Patricia Burns. She has a cult-like little thing going. When I confronted her with the fact that she is trying to teach men in contradiction to Scripture which forbids the practice of women having authority over men in the assembly, her defense was that she didn't contradict Scripture and that she would stay with her Scriptural ideas (Scriptural in her mind, that is) until her "Holy Spirit" told her otherwise. So we know Patricia, too, will leave the teaching of Scripture if her "Holy Spirit" leads her a different way.

My third example is a religion student whose name currently escapes me. He is attending an SBC school which has knowingly allowed teachers who don't believe in the inerrancy of the Scripture to teach that the Scripture has errors and is currently using a text which explicitly allows for homosexual marriage. When I confronted him with the fact that contributing to such folks is sin, his defense was the same as Patricia and Boydmiller, his "Holy Spirit".

This has happened sublty and occurs in the pulpit. Folks who SAY they believe the Bible contradict it on the basis, not of a different interpretation of the Bible, but of the leading of their "Holy Spirit", whatever that is.

Their "Holy Spirit"(s) are not the actual Holy Spirit anymore than the "Jesus" of the Watchtower is the actual Jesus. And the proof is in the fact their "Holy Spirits" contradict each other, since different folks hold different doctrines given them by their "Holy Spirits".

Pray for me as I think this through and try to articulate it for us.

And pray for my purity and wisdom.

In Christ,
Phil Perkins.

4 comments:

MHJones said...

Isn't it amazing how twisted people can seem to get and how readily they seem to get that way?

The church I am a part of is going through some similar stuff. The pastor was moving us to Elders rather than deacons. He spent over a year going over the Scriptures with us.

A month ago, when we made the move, a couple of pig-headed deacons decided to attempt a coup. A majority of the church is with them.

They agree Scripture teaches elders, but they want the church to stay the way it is.

Phil Perkins said...

MH,
You aren't Melvin Jones from Pulpit Pimps, are you? I read you all the time.

Anyway, you said, "They agree Scripture teaches elders, but they want the church to stay the way it is."

Then that majority simply aren't your brothers. They aren't Jesus' sheep, because His sheep listen to His voice. John 10. They aren't good trees, because good trees cannot produce bad fruit. Matthew 7.

I know that's hard to swallow, but facing the facts as soon as possible is usually better.

I had a similar thing at my old church. They voted me out because I kept telling them they were in sin on several issues. One of the deacons, interestingly, who was in the forefront of the push to oust me admitted to me that I was right, but I didn't say it nicely enough. So asked them if they would repent of their sin if I would say it "nice".

Fat chance, huh.

God Bless,
Phil Perkins.

MHJones said...

That's me. I don't comment a lot but I really enjoy your site.

By the way, I suspect you are right. A lot of the folks are at best traditionalists and entertainment seekers.

Phil Perkins said...

MH,
GREAT to hear from you. For quite a time I couldn't get your site. I actually googled you to find you again. Will add your email to my computer so we don't lose touch again.

God bless your socks off!

Phil.