IF YOUR GOD IS SO LOVING NOBODY GETS HURT, NO MATTER WHAT THEY'VE DONE.....................SHE'S NOT HERE.


ROOLZ O' DA BLOG--Ya break 'em, ya git shot.
1. No cowards. State your first and last name. "Anonymous" aint your name.
2. No wimps.
3. No cussin'.
4. State no argument without reference to a biblical passage or passages and show a strong logical connection between your statement and the passages you cite.
5. Insults, sarcasm, name-calling, irony, derision, and humor at the expense of others aren't allowed unless they are biblical or logical, in which case they are WILDLY ENCOURAGED.
6. No aphronism.
7. Fear God, not man.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Nigerian Flags In Our Churches?

Did you ever ask your pastor why an American flag is right next to the pulpit? I did. Couldn't get an answer, either. I asked him if we weren't supposed to be worshipping the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel. Eventually I got some mumbo-jumbo about being a good citizen. When I asked if being a good citizen as a German Christian meant I had to put a Swastika up over the altar, the pastor got mad. He never told me why.

Nigeria has recently outlawed homosexuality. They seem to think law should have something to do with righteousness. I guess they never heard of Thomas Jefferson, who (according to liberal politicians and their constituents) said that righteousness and government could never have anything to do with each other. Nope, those Nigerians might be in the sun, but we Americans are the enlightened ones. We know better. In fact, we did the right thing. We got 250 of our best religionists to sign a petition telling the Nigerians that Christianity demands sodomites go unpunished. Stop the "persecution." (Yes, that's the word they used.) I noticed there was no petition for the Christians being slaughtered by Muslims in Sudan and Indonesia, or the Christians imprisoned in Canada, the US, and Britain for preaching repentance from sodomy. I'm sure those 250 nice folks, so concerned with Nigerian deviants, will soon get around to protecting Christians, too. Yes, I'm sure they will...any time now...soon, I'm sure...I think...

So anyway, the next time I'm in church and the preacher is in Leviticus, I'll just ignore him (or her) and look at that big old flag raised high above the altar and the Bible and wonder how long before God burns it down.

Sickened,
Phil Perkins.

3 comments:

Eddie said...

Phil,
You don't actually suggest to take the flag out the church do you? I'm sure the early church had flags in it...right? :-)
Eddie

Phil Perkins said...

Will call you this weekend.

Phil.--And, yes.

Eddie said...

Um, Iahve some stuff on saturday morning to attend to...how does saturday afternoon sound?
Eddie