IF YOUR GOD IS SO LOVING NOBODY GETS HURT, NO MATTER WHAT THEY'VE DONE.....................SHE'S NOT HERE.


ROOLZ O' DA BLOG--Ya break 'em, ya git shot.
1. No cowards. State your first and last name. "Anonymous" aint your name.
2. No wimps.
3. No cussin'.
4. State no argument without reference to a biblical passage or passages and show a strong logical connection between your statement and the passages you cite.
5. Insults, sarcasm, name-calling, irony, derision, and humor at the expense of others aren't allowed unless they are biblical or logical, in which case they are WILDLY ENCOURAGED.
6. No aphronism.
7. Fear God, not man.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Street Preaching III--Evangelicalism Sending People To Hell

Last night, I went out in a relief bus from Harvest Church. A married couple from that church ran things. It was a pretty nice converted ambulance and it was equipped with blankets, hot soup, coats, hats, and so forth. In addition to the married couple, Jeff and Susan, were Mark Johnson and Mike Martinez. Mark is a long time friend of mine and it was he who arranged for me to come along and minister to street people. Mike was brought by Mark, too.

Evangelicalism stinks--Case #1.
The first guy I tried to tell the gospel to was another "Mike." He was troubled. He'd lost seven brothers over a two year period. He didn't know why God had done this or how he could get over it. Eventually, I said that death is not normal; God did not make us to die. Then I asked him what he was going to do when he died. He said he had "accepted Jesus" so he thought he had "a shot."

So he had been told all he had to do was pray a prayer and that would save him, regardless of his lifestyle. Some Evangelical preacher told him that.

The second fellow I got to tell the gospel to was not interested in thinking very far ahead. He didn't want to hear of it. So we small-talked. He was shivering so I asked for and got a coat and a blanket for him.

Evangelicalism stinks--Case #2.
The third fellow I got to tell the gospel to was a Jesse Duplantis fan. Duplantis is a word-faith heretic. However, such are now considered Evangelical. Witness Joyce Meyer and Kenneth Copeland. Copeland teaches that God has a body and that Adam was equal with God before the fall. So Copeland is not even a Christian in the sense of historical orthodoxy. He's closer to a Mormon. However, under the big dung heap called Evangelicalism he is a legitimate minister to be found on the same stations and in the same book stores as godly men like John MacArthur or R. C. Sproul. (More prominently displayed, however.)

Well, this fellow was not homeless. He just saw free food. I asked him if he had a problem with God. No, he was going to be forgiven. God forgives everybody. Jesse says so. He gets Jesse's monthly publication. Everyone is forgiven. We all go to heaven. I am not familiar enough with Duplantis' ministry to know if he actually teaches universalism, but it is clear that a fan can listen to him for a long time and never hear that there is a hell to avoid. I told him that few will be forgiven and gave him a tract. He seemed a bit more quiet when told these things.

Evangelicalism stinks--Case #3.
Finally, there was the clean, handsome, young homosexual. I did not get to visit with him. Others did. He "followed the teachings of Jesus." Or so he thought.

I really loved going out to witness and will next week with them again. However, it is evident that to reach these folks we will have to overcome decades of Evangelical error before these folks know they need to repent of their sins.

In Christ,
Phil Perkins.

3 comments:

Eddie said...

Phil,
It sounds a lot like the young man I witnessed to who told me that "His daddy was a pentecostal preacher and was driven away from the church by the gospel being rammed down my throat." He want on to say "But, I keep Jesus close to my heat." I asked him what he menat by that but he couldn't really give em an answer. This was all after I gave him the law and he tried to use the "BUT God forgives." I hear your frustration about modern day evangelicals and how Jesus can make you better routines. I am sick of hearing and almost want to quit witnessing so I don't have to hear the same lame exscuses that I used to use. But I can't, every person I meet, I sense God calling me to have that conversation with them. Thanks for sharing your witnessing stories, they are an encouragement.
Eddie

P.S. Is that invitation to call still open?

Phil Perkins said...

Eddie,
Of course! Would love to talk with you. I lost your email this morning. I censored the comment since I thought best not to publish your email. Then I got busy and forgot it. So call.

In Christ,
Phil Perkins.

Phil Perkins said...

Eddie,
You know, my main feeling when doing this is not frustration. It is concern mixed with happiness. There is a joy that is just aboundant when I do this job. I want to do it all the time.

Phil. 406-672-7450.