IF YOUR GOD IS SO LOVING NOBODY GETS HURT, NO MATTER WHAT THEY'VE DONE.....................SHE'S NOT HERE.


ROOLZ O' DA BLOG--Ya break 'em, ya git shot.
1. No cowards. State your first and last name. "Anonymous" aint your name.
2. No wimps.
3. No cussin'.
4. State no argument without reference to a biblical passage or passages and show a strong logical connection between your statement and the passages you cite.
5. Insults, sarcasm, name-calling, irony, derision, and humor at the expense of others aren't allowed unless they are biblical or logical, in which case they are WILDLY ENCOURAGED.
6. No aphronism.
7. Fear God, not man.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Answer To Phil Johnson And "Centurion"

I have recommended Team Pyro on this blog right from the start. I've enjoyed both their theological perspectives and their humor. And I've enjoyed interacting with many of their readers. However, recently they have endorsed the use of the TNIV. I disagree and so the smearing was started. Johnson accused me of calling for the murder of another blogger and Frank Turk says I'm rude for disagreeing. I have steadfastly asked if it is okay to alter God's Word or misrepresent it and if it is okay to promote a purposely altered version of the Bible. They have steadfastly refused. Finally, Turk said he didn't understand the question. (Yeah, right.) I have my last answer to them to date. You may find it interesting and they have already hinted strongly at censoring me for my opinion that God's Word should not be tampered with. So here it is:

-------------------------------------------------------
CENTURION,
Three things:
1. On Deut. 18--So your position is that only prophets are forbidden from misrepresenting what God has said? Is that right?

2. I'm sure most of your readers understand the questions just fine. And many will understand why you hesitate to answer them.

3. Disagreeing with you does not make me rude. Reread the blog rules.

PHIL JOHNSON,
If you really think I've called for a criminal act against Tim, you ought to call the feds. My words went out over state lines. If I'm picked up you've proven your point. If not, you simply smeared a brother.

In Christ,
Phil Perkins.

------------------------------------------------------------

In Christ,
Phil Perkins.

2 comments:

Eddie said...

Phil,
have you been to the TNIV webiste to read the reviews? If you haven't you might be supprised who is on there. But then again..knopwing you you probably won't...:-)
Eddie

Phil Perkins said...

Eddie,
Thanks for the tip. I checked it out. You're right. It's interesting. I was disappointed in Stott and Briscoe. Many of the usual suspects are there. A long list of liberals who want to be considered Evangelical. Some of the reviews, especially the one by Norm Nelson, seem to claim that the Bible and gospel stopped working. But now, the TNIV made it start working all over again.

In Christ,
Phil Perkins.