IF YOUR GOD IS SO LOVING NOBODY GETS HURT, NO MATTER WHAT THEY'VE DONE.....................SHE'S NOT HERE.


ROOLZ O' DA BLOG--Ya break 'em, ya git shot.
1. No cowards. State your first and last name. "Anonymous" aint your name.
2. No wimps.
3. No cussin'.
4. State no argument without reference to a biblical passage or passages and show a strong logical connection between your statement and the passages you cite.
5. Insults, sarcasm, name-calling, irony, derision, and humor at the expense of others aren't allowed unless they are biblical or logical, in which case they are WILDLY ENCOURAGED.
6. No aphronism.
7. Fear God, not man.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Mega Church Experience

As promised, I went to a local mega church. I went there in the middle of the afternoon yesterday to find when the evening service would be. Folks were going in and out so I went in. Two pin ball machines were in the entrance lobby. So were about a half dozen TV's showing pregame goings on about the Super Bowl. Popcorn popped. Soda flowed. It was just like a movie theatre. Two big bouncer-like guys stood arms folded at the entrance to the "Worship Center." I peaked inside, not steppeing too far since I didn't have a ticket. Don't know if you needed one, but why take chances? Huge TV's showing the same Super Bowl prelude supplanted the altar. I forgot to look for the beer and nuts.

I asked one of the bouncers when evening service was. He said, "Five o'clock Saturday," with the same superior smile you get from a bouncer at a really popular night club that tells you he just might not let you in. I look forward to preaching repentance this coming Saturday in their parking lot. It will be interesting, at least.

I wonder if those big bouncer guys go to evening service.

Pray for my boldness.

In Christ,
Phil Perkins.

No comments: