IF YOUR GOD IS SO LOVING NOBODY GETS HURT, NO MATTER WHAT THEY'VE DONE.....................SHE'S NOT HERE.


ROOLZ O' DA BLOG--Ya break 'em, ya git shot.
1. No cowards. State your first and last name. "Anonymous" aint your name.
2. No wimps.
3. No cussin'.
4. State no argument without reference to a biblical passage or passages and show a strong logical connection between your statement and the passages you cite.
5. Insults, sarcasm, name-calling, irony, derision, and humor at the expense of others aren't allowed unless they are biblical or logical, in which case they are WILDLY ENCOURAGED.
6. No aphronism.
7. Fear God, not man.

Friday, February 23, 2007

A Correction About Phil Johnson

In my last post I said Phil Johnson claimed I wanted Tim Challies killed. I thought that was simply a way of smearing me. I was half wrong. I had claimed Zondervan's purposeful misrepresentation of gender roles in its TNIV (Today's New International Version) was a sin worthy of death under the Old Covenant, according to Deut. 18. Read it here. Phil responded at one point by asking me if I really thought Challies ought to be put to death under the Old Covenant. I missed the the "under the Old Covenant" part and called Phil on his tactic of trying to make me look like a hillbilly with a straw hat and a Bible. He said a lot of things like that, including implying that I was a fundie who wouldn't let my wife wear socks. So the intent of painting me up like a buffoon was there.

None the less, I did misunderstand him and I take the correction. I apologized to him over there and do so here again.

In Christ,
Phil Perkins.

No comments: