IF YOUR GOD IS SO LOVING NOBODY GETS HURT, NO MATTER WHAT THEY'VE DONE.....................SHE'S NOT HERE.


ROOLZ O' DA BLOG--Ya break 'em, ya git shot.
1. No cowards. State your first and last name. "Anonymous" aint your name.
2. No wimps.
3. No cussin'.
4. State no argument without reference to a biblical passage or passages and show a strong logical connection between your statement and the passages you cite.
5. Insults, sarcasm, name-calling, irony, derision, and humor at the expense of others aren't allowed unless they are biblical or logical, in which case they are WILDLY ENCOURAGED.
6. No aphronism.
7. Fear God, not man.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

First Time Street Preaching.

Well, okay. I didn't really preach. I was going to, but it was 28 degrees F and not too many folks were out today. I had decided to go to the local skateboard park and preach there on Saturday afternoons. I like that idea because there are lots of young men there. Lots of boys, but some are 15 through 20. Great ground to start making friends.

There were only two guys, about 16 and 17. When I first drove up they looked at me and I was looking at them. They sensed I was up to something I guess. So I waved, they waved back to the old guy, and I parked. I sat and skimmed the first 2 or 3 chapters of each gospel and Acts for any last minute wisdom. Then I got out and approached them. They were really polite. Neither of them knew what the gospel was. One appeared Native American, the other was Jewish. I told them my name and got theirs. I told them I was going to be there every Saturday afternoon to preach the gospel. They shrugged and nodded their heads as if that was okay with them, kind of in a do-what-you-want-old-guy way.

"Do you know what the gospel is?"

Heads shaking.

"Do you know anything about God?"

Heads shake and shoulders shrug.

The Jewish one: "I'm Jewish," pointing to his chest.

"Do you practice your Judaism?"

"I don't practice anything."

"Do you know what the 10 commandments are?"

"Don't steal..."

I explained what the 10 commandments were and told him where to find them in the OT. I asked them what they thought God would say to them after they met Him. The Jew promised to read the ten commandments in his Torah and see if they fit him. I promised I would see him this coming Saturday and talk about what he thought.

So, my first time out, I didn't really get to preach. But I made at least one friend. I think he knows I care about him and I made him think about meeting God. Pray he will read the Torah and the Holy Spirit will convict him.

Meanwhile, I will be preparing to present the gospel strictly from the OT this week.

Tomorrow, I plan to go preaching in a church parking lot of a mega church. There I will be preaching repentance hard. This will be interesting. Pray for continued boldness and the presence of the Holy Spirit. Pray for my personal purity.

In Christ,
Phil Perkins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

www.PreachTruth.org