IF YOUR GOD IS SO LOVING NOBODY GETS HURT, NO MATTER WHAT THEY'VE DONE.....................SHE'S NOT HERE.


ROOLZ O' DA BLOG--Ya break 'em, ya git shot.
1. No cowards. State your first and last name. "Anonymous" aint your name.
2. No wimps.
3. No cussin'.
4. State no argument without reference to a biblical passage or passages and show a strong logical connection between your statement and the passages you cite.
5. Insults, sarcasm, name-calling, irony, derision, and humor at the expense of others aren't allowed unless they are biblical or logical, in which case they are WILDLY ENCOURAGED.
6. No aphronism.
7. Fear God, not man.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Hey Eddie, You Were Almost Right

Eddie recently commented about a gay-friendly--oh let's tell the truth here--a sodomite bible. (Sorry, I won't capitalize such an abomination--it's not a Bible.) Well, he was wrong. But not all that wrong. Eddie, exercising Berean diligence, had uncovered an article at Lark News outing a new abomination from Zondervan, called the gNIV. It was satire.

Interesting though, it was almost believable. One could imagine this happening. And you would guess Zondervan would be the publisher to do it.

WELL, EDDIE--I now owe you two apologies. First, I misspelled your name at Pulpit Magazine. And now you weren't wrong. Just early.

Read this article about the new bible that is just really, really, really nice to sodomites!

Shocked, but not surprised,
Phil Perkins. Well, okay...I was surprised...that Zondervan didn't do it.

5 comments:

Eddie said...

Phil,
Well, you don't have to apologize for either, I mispell lots on here as well...so no need.

I was VEY supprised to read the same article...but sad at the same time.
Eddie

Phil Perkins said...

Well, it seems to be a backwater fellow. He isn't about to go mainstream Evangelical. So we are okay for now, but as things degenerate, we can just about be sure these things will come.

Sometimes I feel like Lot in Sodom in the Evangelical church.

How are you?

In Christ,
Phil Perkins.

Eddie said...

I'm doing ok, I'm about to dissolve the church I was pastoring due to lack of workers and other things. This sunday will be our last so your prayers would be appreciated.
Eddie

P.S. The legal aspect is what's bothering me, making sure I have all the i's dotted and t's crossed..I'll just be glad when that part is all over.

Phil Perkins said...

Oh, Eddie,
My heart goes out to you. If you need someone to talk to, I'd consider it a priviledge to listen. 406-672-7450.

I WILL pray. Your have a good heart and God knows that.

In Christ,
Phil.

Eddie said...

Thanks Phil, I may take you up on that sometime. My wife is being a great help and I have some pastor friends that I talk to as well.

By the way I listened to a sermon yesterday by David Wilkerson called "A Call to Anguish", it's on sermon index..if ya get a chance to listen to it let me know what you think.
Eddie